Sunday, October 11, 2009

Klang Centro 6km Marathon...my legs are not mine...=_=

Finally, after days and weeks of training on the dreaded threadmill....it was the day of the marathon....
(FYI, me and tiff signed up for this Klang Centro run in August..well, let's just say for teh excitement and experience....Much thanks to Sandy for notifying us of this run)


So, Tiff came over to my place for the weekend and the night before the run, we were supposed to go to bed earlier, but turned out, we slept only after 1am..in fact, i slept at 2 something...
(no thanks to the Murtabak Kambing...TIFF YOUR FAULT LA!!)


So, we woke up at 6am, and then after seeing enough stars after waking up....we finally went to the venue. GOsh, i didn't know there were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many participants..!!!
i was half asleep walking around the place....LOL..

The only thing in my mind was my bed...i mean, come on, who in their right mind would wake up at 6am on a Sunday morning to run under the hot sun for 6km!?!?

The participants....damn bersemangat wei~
me and Tiff before the run...(damn sleepy i tell you..-_-)

When we were finally flagged off....i ran alongside Tiffany....then slowly, i paced faster and further away from Tiff. It's a good thing Tiff understands that when in Marathon, no one is supposed to wait for the other.....Tiff is a great Marathon partner...LOL..she actually shoo-ed me away when i told her i might dash off...LOL...
So....as i paced further away from Tiff, i switch on my media player on my hp...i needed the tempo and momentum to push me forward...

the first 2 km was the hardest....it was to get me into the mood of the marathon, and many a time, i almost gave up and walked...But good thing i didn't...i presevered....LOL...
Finally, after 5 songs in my hp, i reached the finish line.....I wouldn't say it was a difficult run..

It was WAAAYYYy harder doing it on the threadmill....at least this run i get to go on my own pace...
I was the 53rd runner to reach in my category (and i think there were more than 250 participants for my category)
Well, not bad for a first timer eh?

OH OH..!! did i mention? i got a medal for finishing as the first 100 to reach the finish line.
I think it took me around 35 minutes to complete the 6km run.
This was the first time i ran the whole way throughout the marathon....I didn't even run the whole way during secondary school..LOL!!
Personally, i'm kinda proud of myself...i managed to pull through and run all the way...and got a finishing medal for this marathon event. I guess gym really did help me in my stamina and endurance building...XD...
me and Tiff after the run..SEE MY MEDAL!?!? XD
JENG JENG JENG!!!!

It was a fun but tiring experience.!!!
and now, my legs....are not mine..haha..
i wonder if i'd have to sit the whole day tomorrow..haha...i'm starting to feel the sore feet now....

anyways......TSU! SEE WAH! HUI CHING! JIA!.....you guys wanna join the run next time? it'd be fun..!! let's see if we could push ourselves to the limit..!!!

Listening to : Ookiku Furikabutte - Dramatic
Mood : Tired....Sleepy....

No comments: