Wednesday, January 11, 2012

work rant....

well, yeah...recently i was promoted to being a senior, and i tell you, it is no simple task to take on that responsibility. You're no longer the little junior colleague...everyone expects you to be able to perform....

so yeah, i have no qualms on that, in fact...i am well confident that i'm able to pull off whatever task that my boss throw at me.........
all, but one SLIGHT thing that irks me, is to designate task to my junior colleagues.

Currently, my senior colleague is on maternity leave, in which she'll only be back on the 30th of Jan. So most of the task will drop to my table, and to add cili padi to the already spicy nasi lemak, my boss had to go off on an overseas business trip...leaving almost EVERYTHING concerning the department to me..

well, no problems there also...communication has never been a problem for me....
ALL is well, except DESIGNATING jobs to my junior colleagues.
i have 3 junior colleagues.....2 of them i manage to convey the meanings of the task /concept/ jobs to them...

1 more.....that 1 more basically almost made me pull my hair out.....
When i was explaining, the other 2, whom catches things quite fast...paid attention.....but THAT ONE, which does thing a bit TAD slow, was busy staring off at his own machine....

if you can't pick up things as fast, then you should PAY ATTENTION when i'm talking..
If you don't understand ask..!!!
after i finished explaining everything........he waited around 5 minutes,.....then only asked me what was that briefing all about.....

I WENT FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! you wan me to explain ALL OVER AGAIN!?!??! (which i did...=_=)

WE ARE NOT IN COLLEGE ANYMORE BOY.....GROW UP!!! THIS IS THE WORKING WORLD!!!!
you'd be left behind for being so slow......i know i'm mean, but hey..that's how the world works....

ok..rant over....back to work....=_=

Listening to : Miyano Mamoru - Rain
Mood : =_=...slightly cranky....

3 comments:

Riko said...

I feel for you ....I am having problems as well at my workplace cuz of Pampered Princess and urgh, I HATE handling adults stuck in mids' world

Riku_sien said...

mine isn't pampered...that guy just learn slower than normal...

i mean, he isnt giving me any attitude problems..he is a very nice colleague....i have no problems with him as a person..

but then he.....works slow....talks slow....so being an everything-must-be-fast person (when it's work) a bit kan kor la..LOL!! you get what i mean ka?? LOL!!

tsu said...

wow, if he's in advertisement field, he'll be screwed inside out d.