Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As we go on in life~~

Well, often times i'll reminisce the ups and downs i've been through in life. What left a big impression in me that made me into a person i'm not today.
There were many things that i wasn't taught, rather, i learnt it through life experiences and through common sense. 
Believe it or not, not many people i know have that, or simply, they just couldn't be bothered to use it i guess....

ok, let's see....
i'll put in some of the guidlines that i've used, to 'survive' this harsh world of today. 
(pardon my grammar....i am quite lazy to use perfect grammar here)

As a Kid,
~ Try out everything, but not trust everything ~
You see, we were all very curious about everything when we were all kids. We were all always WHY this, Why that....I don't blame these curiousity...heck, i even asked my mom...

' MOM, DID A STORK SENT ME HERE TOO? '  (after watching Disney's Dumbo, yeah...the flying baby elephant)
' What if the stork sent me to a different house? you not worried meh? '

LOL...thinking back, it was really hilarious.....i asked all sorts of funny funny questions...like..why are we standing on the floor....not the ceiling....and why must we walk with legs? can't we walk with our hands? (seriously, i tried to walk with my hands...ended up kena rotan...haha...)
i think my mom really had a headache raising me...haha...
not only my mom....my dad too..!! i would run all over the place when  i was a kid, especially when they brought me out.
There was one time i followed a stranger who was eating ice cream..(yes, i was a glutton....i wouldn't deny it even now, but i had to drop that because of cosplay..haha)
and i remembered i was left behind in Super Komtar, Penang.....my parents went down the escalator already, and i was still there ( i think i was only 3 years old that time) obsessed with the DELICIOUS view of ...yes...HAMBURGERS....(you know..McD had those BIG BIG burgers photos...haha..)

So, yeah i was a mischievous little one, but i do not trust everything a person tells me...there was once, a man came to me and said he'll buy me ice cream if i followed him. I think i was at a mall that time too...at the toys section...haha....
Then i told him......I may be 3 (or 4...can't remember la) but i am not stupid. Mommy told me not to trust in strangers. 
After that, i ran back to my mom...who was standing like.....10 feet away? LOL..if i had followed him..i think i'd be dead by now......
Hmmm...i wonder if that could be the cause of my life's quote ,' Trust no one but yourself '.....

ANYWAY, that was when i was a kid.....LOL...(mischievous little devil...i know...)

As a Teenager
~ Tell yourself you can, have confidence but do not overestimate your abilities ~
You see, all those gluttony part of me made me grow into a prosperous teenager...i grew, horizantally..LOL....
It is always this phase of life that people either turn into a good person, or the worse.  Those who are envious of you would put you down, telling you that you can't, you're not cut out..blablabla...all those craps...
But, i do not limit myself to stuffs that could be done, rather i ask myself , ' What can't i do? '
Ok, example here.....
I was fat...yes...very extremely fat.....i weighed a hefty 87kgs...(SEE LA!! EAT SUMMORE LA!) 
Most people will think that fat people like me couldn't be active in sports, heck, i think they would've thought that i'd lose my breathe even when i climbed the stairs.
But i proved them wrong....i loved playing basketball, sofball, badminton, running...all those sports where people think i couldn't do. However, i also know my limits. As much as i loved to run, i know i couldn't win medals for the school. Instead, i joined the shot put and disc throw team. So you see, being confident in yourself really helps you in your personality sculpting.

Okay, that's that....there were ups and downs, there were friends and enemies made, but i'm only human, and that's what makes me now....

As a young adult
~ Have confidence, act more, talk less ~
~~ Know what is appropriate to say, and what not to ~~
College/ University life and working life is almost similar to me. Confidence is a definite must..(i honed my confidence from Cosplay...not that i had none, just that i made better use of it...haha..)
In college, we are on our own......no more spoonfeeding from teachers. It's You-Do-Or-Die, in this case, You-Do-Or-FAIL!
So i've always pushed myself...often times, the thought of giving up will overshadow my confidence....But i managed to pull through after careful thoughts. I have had friends dropping out of college because they couldn't bare the stress...But then...if one couldn't bare the stress of college/uni life, then you wouldn't even survive a step in the working world.
AAaaa..talking about working life....
Obviously, when we are working, without doubt, there would be......YEs..politics!
As much as we love to lie low, eventually, there would be those politic matters that would crawl up your leg. 
What's most important here is what we say. There are certain things that SHOULD NOT be blurted out of ones mouth. It's best to keep it to oneself. However, i understand not many people understand that too......
Sure, being straight has it's advantages, but that would also be digging your own grave......
A simple sentence could easily expose you to everyone...which is why silence is golden in the working world.

Right, so that's that in my life's journey...i think there might be a part 2 coming up

Listening to : The Click Five - Good Day
Mood : Cranky (just got off the phone with a certain someone....Grrrrrr..~~~ *bites her head off* )


No comments: