Friday, March 6, 2009

Where is your EFFORT?!!?!

...:::: rant starts ::::...

As of late, I see many people asking easy questions like

' HOW / WHERE CAN I GET dot dot dot's COSTUME? PREFER READY STOCK. '

or

' WHO CAN MAKE dotdotdot's COSTUME FOR ME? I WANNA START COSPLAYING THIS YEAR BUT I CANT SEW'

Goodness gracious....WHERE IS THE EFFORT?!?! cosplaying is all about effort, the process of making the costume/prop/accesories.

Yes, I can't sew and I personally admit that NONE of my costumes are handsewn by myself, but I made the effort to search for it online, get all those blueprints, go through the excruiciating time explanning details to my tailor. AND some of my costumes are self modified....meaning although i did not sew the costume from scratch, at least i did modify it myself. (and everytime after sewing, i'll end up with fingers full of plasters)

I even stayed up really late to wait for certain people that could help me....learnt how to read simple chinese (if i were to order from some chinese supplier).

And yet, I see people nowadays popping up at some forums, asking those pathethic questions....
It is really saddening to see that Cosplaying has become a way to attract attention, rather than for those cosplayers to express their passion and love for that hobby.

BUT, I know there are those dedicated cosplayers out there, and i seriously salute you guys from the bottom of my heart.....those who sew their own costumes, make their own prop...seriously, you guys are on another level....*salutes*

anyway~
I'm just trying to say that

IF YOU WANT TO COSPLAY, PLEASE FARKING PUT MORE EFFORT IN IT!!! COSTUMES DON'T JUST FALL FROM THE SKY...
GOSH.....

...:::: end of Rant ::::...

yes, i'm THAT obsessed with cosplaying.

Listening to : Nodame Cantabile - Allegro Cantabile
Mood : Cranky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haih....i juz had a discussion wif another cosplayer that day regarding this issue >.<

I understand how u feel cuz i oso went >.< when ppl popping up random threads asking for help...dun get me wrong here, but the coser should put in some effort as well...

Cosplaying is not juz getting a costume and putting it on. For every costume/photoshoot, a lot of hard work goes behind the scene which we usually dun notice...and each costume is a new learning experience cuz u mgiht be sewing/making props which u have never done b4...i feel that's part of cosplay which i find challenging and fufilling cuz it "exercises" my right side of the brain..LOL

Sorry ya hito for the long comment >.<

Riku_sien said...

thank you for agreeing with me..
actually i have been holding back this rant for a very long time.

I didn't want to post this up but i reached my limits when a certain person popped me on the MSN and started asking me stupid questions like

' OH, your costume damn nice la...where you buy? can help my buy one ka?'

so i asked back la,' are you serious?'

then that person answered

' yeah, aiya. see you so many costumes, sure easy for you to get one for me also la'

GOSH...i got so pissed after that i immediately deleted that asshole from my msnlist.
AND PLEASE, DON'T ASK ME WHO IT IS, I DON'T EVEN KNOW...OTL...

so yeah, put some effort in your costumes la...don't be such losers la....costumes do not appear out of thin air...for every good costume/prop there are sweat and tears behind it. LEARN IT....

Anonymous said...

Trust me when i say i completely feel ya sista... People nowadays are just plain lazy and it's like what you previously mentioned, It's so saddening to see a hobby turned into a cry for attention...

I'm a fellow cosplayer myself and i too, don't swe my own costumes but at least i went through enough sh*t to get my blardy costume done by half-assed tailor who doesn't take me seriously and overcharges me as if money grew on trees just because i'm a teenager. :/