Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cherish your loved ones

Cherish your loved ones...
really now, how much do you understand from this?

Earlier today, i attended a wake of my colleague's mom. Her mom passed away without any pain (thank God), but it was really sudden.
Everything happened so fast....

As we were chatting, it got me thinking......i really can't keep my calm...
i put myself in my colleagues position, and truth be told, i almost shed tears......I couldn't bring myself to imagine what would happen, how i would react, how will my everyday life be should someone in my family be gone, just like that....

The person who pass on isn't the one who suffer the most...it's the ones left behind...
i admit, i'm not a religious person when it comes to these stuffs...i don't know what to believe, i don't know what's real..
All my life, i've believed that when you're gone, you're gone...that's it, it's the end of the road, period, tamat, owari, finish.....(if you get what i mean...)

I came back home, and the first thing i did was to greet my dad (usually i'll just walk pass him and go straight to my room), talk to my mom (or rather, kacau her coz she was busy preparing for her next day's class) and play with my baby MiLO. Suddenly i felt, i should bond closer with my family members and not take them for granted...
(holy....my tears are starting to come out now....*sniff* no, really...my vision is blurry because of the tears in my eyes)

I think back, and when my colleague told me that it was a sudden thing....meaning there were no preparation...mentally and physically...
i really couldn't imagine how i would take it.......

after i related what i heard to my parents, i told them....did you all prepare for the worst? ya i know, it's kinda pantang to talk about these things, but my parents aren't those pantang types..heck, my mom even bought an 'apartment' for herself already. it was hilarious looking at her choosing the 'apartment unit'.....
she went...
' aiyo, if i take this 'unit', i can't see the view la.....canot canot....take here, then i canot see buddha's statue,......' and it goes on....lol
gah..i digressed...

anyway, my mom went on to show me where she kept all the documents....both for my mom and dad's....should anything happen, we'll know what to do, and where to find them...

the bottomline is.......It's not the person who 'left' feels the pain...it's the person left behind..
I love my family really really REALLY much, and i pray to God that they'll live a long and healthy life...

Also, my condolences to my fellow colleague.....i can't say i understand how you feel now, but stay strong.......

To all you peeps out there, cherish your loved ones...come home for dinner, have meals with your family members more often....talk to them, joke with them..spend more time with them..
Life is unpredictable....and there aren't much 10 years in our lives...

I love my family.......really really much.

Listening to : -
Mood : -

No comments: